Bob Silver is one of the most experienced and respected communications professionals in the Pacific Northwest, and it’s fair to say that he has successfully served clients in nearly every industry niche.
Over the past 25 years, he has built and led two successful independent public relations agencies, managed two West Coast offices for one of the nation’s largest PR firms, and worked with clients ranging from Fortune 100 global brands such as Samsung, Amazon and Volkswagen to dozens of exciting, entrepreneurial early-stage companies.
Along the way, Bob was named one of the 10 PR professionals “that clients dream about working with” by Upside magazine.
Among Bob’s career achievements:
- Developing go-to-market communications strategies for dozens of growing technology companies in Washington, Oregon and California.
- Leading client initiatives ranging from branding, research, messaging and positioning, and numerous product and service launches for global brands such as Amazon.com, Getty Images, the Washington State Wine Commission and Samsung’s technology and IT divisions.
- Designing and implementing social media programs for clients ranging from early-stage technology companies to large multinationals such as Volkswagen and Deloitte.
- Serving as corporate spokesperson for various clients and leading media training programs for companies such as Samsung, D.A. Davidson and EMPLOYERS Insurance.
- Founding The Silver Company, which grew from a one-person PR shop into one of the largest independent PR firms in the Pacific Northwest before merging with MWW Group in 2004.
- Developing a culture of growth and success by focusing on staff teamwork, client value and appreciation, and office profitability as general manager of MWW Group’s Northern Pacific offices (Seattle & San Francisco).
Before his public relations career, Bob was an award-winning journalist for more than a decade for news organizations such as The Seattle Times and the St. Petersburg Times. His bylines ranged from the 1984 Olympic Games and the 1986 Super Bowl to the Love Canal environmental disaster in 1979.
One of Bob’s passions is the robust wine industry in Washington State. In addition to client engagements with key state organizations such as the Washington State Wine Commission, Wine Yakima Valley and the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance, Bob has volunteered hundreds of hours to supporting and promoting individual wineries and wine associations. He writes about the intersection of communications, PR and Washington wine at his personal blog, WA | Wine | PR .
And for a visual introduction to Bob …